Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Best Friend

When mommy started leasing me (that means she gets to ride me almost every morning) she started taking me for walks into the jungle after our lessons. I never used to go because I heard the syce told mommy that I spook easily. Well it's a jungle with monkeys and chickens and dogs and things I can only hear but can't see. Wouldn't you be on high alert too if you were me?  I'm glad mommy didn't listen to the syce and kept on bringing me there. At first I did get scared a lot. One time I started running when I heard a strange noise above me and mommy had to dodge a low hanging branch. She later told me she felt like she was in an Indiana Jones movie. Anyway, after a while I got used to all the smells and sounds in the jungle. I learned to walk down steep slopes nicely without running, and I can almost always resist the temptation of the yummy looking green leaves that are EVERYWHERE!

One day when we were walking back from the jungle I saw a handsome horse in the paddock that looked like me, but only bigger. I wanted to say hi, but mommy was afraid that horse might bite me so she didn't let me. But I kept on trying.  Everyday we go by the paddock I tried to stop and say hi. Finally one day mommy let me. Oh that was the best day of my life!  He whinnied softly and nuzzled my neck, and we groomed each other for as long as mommy would let me. We became instant friends.  From then on I looked forward to going to the jungle because I know when we come back I get to say hi to my friend.


 
A few weeks ago mommy found out from a syce that the big chestnut belongs to the stable manager and his name is Aramis. They say he is the alpha of the stables, but I don't care, I like him and he likes me. He's my best friend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment